Ankle support with stabilisation strap system
Levamed active is a support with stabilizing strap system. The product is exclusively to be used for the orthotic fitting of the ankle joint and only on intact skin.
Due to the interaction of the compressive knitted fabric, silicone pads integrated on both sides and a novel strap system, the brace serves to stabilize the ankle. The brace itself causes a massaging effect which promotes circulation, thus accelerating the reduction of swelling and bruising. The strap system supports the body’s own stabilization and provides extra support, similar to a tape bandage. The Levamed active brace is thus suitable for preventive protection against injuries caused by twisting of the ankle, especially during exercise, when the muscles become fatigued.
The brace achieves its greatest effect during physical activity. In general, the brace can be worn all day. However, this should be done according to your comfort. During longer breaks (e.g. prolonged sitting / road trips, sleeping), the brace should be removed. If excessive pain or discomfort occur during wearing, please remove the product immediately and contact your physician or medical care business.
Polyamide, Polyester, Elastane
Velcro fasteners should be closed for washing. Soap residues, lotions and ointments can cause skin irritation and material wear.
Wash the product by hand, preferably using a medi clean detergent, or in delicate cycle at 30°C using a mild detergent without fabric conditioners.
Do not bleach.
Leave to dry naturally.
Do not iron.
Do not dry clean.
- Joint sprain with overstretch of the capsule
- Chronic ligamentous instability with recurrent supination traumas (twisting of the foot)
- In the second phase of treatment for deltoid ligament injuries
- Acute or chronic post-traumatic or postoperative irritation of the talocrural and subtalar joints
- Conservative treatment of injuries of the syndesmosis not requiring surgery
- Follow-up treatment of fractures not requiring a cast